Czech journalists are invited to take part in the 5-day visit to Ukraine which will be organized for the joint group of Czech and Slovak mass media representatives. The visit will take place in the 1st half of October, 2019.
The purpose of the visit is to increase the level of awareness of the Czech state and independent media about the process of European and Euro-Atlantic integration of Ukraine, to obtain objective and complete information on the progress / success of the state reform on the way of European and Euro-Atlantic integration, institutions and processes of the Association Agreement between Ukraine and the EU, participation of Ukraine in the multilateral format of the Eastern Partnership policy, as well as the actions of the Ukrainian government and civil society in de-occupation of Donbass and Crimea. Additional purpose of the visit is to develop contacts and effective communication of the Czech journalists with the Ukrainian peers.
The trip will include meetings with high-ranking Ukrainian officials in Kyiv and staying in the east of the country.
Agenda of introductory visit
The visit will take place in the 1st half of October, 2019 and include 2 stages:
Stay in Kyiv (3 days):
1) Meetings with the representatives of (the list is tentative and is the subject to confirmation)
- Delegation of the European Union to Ukraine;
- Office of the Vice Prime Minister for European and Euro-Atlantic integration of Ukraine;
- Government Office for European and Euro-Atlantic Integration;
- Civic Synergy Project, Ukrainian side of the Ukraine-EU Civil Society Platform, Ukrainian National Platform of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum;
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine (level of deputy minister or head of relevant department);
- Ministry of Regional Development, Construction and Housing and Communal Services of Ukraine (level of deputy minister or head of relevant department);
- Ministry of Social Policy of Ukraine (level of deputy minister or head of relevant department);
- State Committee for Television and Radio Broadcasting (members of the Council), Public Television;
- Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine and relevant committees (chairman / deputy chairman of the committee);
- Embassy of the Czech Republic in Ukraine;
- Ukrainian Institute of National Memory;
- Reanimation Package of Reforms (Initiative Council) and other non-government initiatives;
- mass media (television, radio).
Stay in the eastern Ukraine (2 days):
3) The program of the visit in the eastern of Ukraine is as follows:
- meeting with representatives of the administration of liberated cities;
- visiting social infrastructure places;
- meetings with civic activists;
- visiting a military facility / staying in a demarcation zone.
Working language of all meetings will be English.
1. Journalists working in Czech media (please indicate if a cameraman is needed).
2. Experience of covering foreign-policy issues. Preference will be given for people with experience on covering Eastern Europe or/and Ukraine.
3. Working level of English allowing to actively take part in all parts of the visit and follow up activities.
4. Ability to take part in all activities of the visit in the 1st half of October, 2019.
5. Commitment to prepare two media pieces on Ukrainian issues in the Czech media after the visit.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please fill in the Google Form https://bitly.su/z7sco before September 08, 2019.
Participants will be selected by the Selection Committee including representatives of the Foreign Policy Council «Ukrainian Prism», Civic Synergy Project, and the Embassy of Ukraine in the Czech Republic.
Selected participants will be notified after September 12, 2019.
The organizers cover all visit related costs for the participants:
1. Return airline tickets to Kyiv from the Czech Republic (local transport at your home country is not included)
2. Accommodation (single room in a hotel) and board
3. Ground transportation during the whole stay, including train to the east of Ukraine.
For details, please contact:
Yevheniy Romanenko, manager of the project, Foreign Policy Council «Ukrainian Prism», [email protected].
EU-funded @Civic Synergy Project
Ukrainian National Platform of the EaP Civil Society Forum
International Renaissance Foundation
Embassy of Ukraine in the Slovak Republic
Embassy of Ukraine in the Czech Republic
Foreign Policy Council "Ukrainian Prism"